FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR London Heathrow lounges
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:35 pm
BruceyBonus

I used the No 1 Lounge in T3 airside for the first time last weekend. Disappointed was a total understatement.
  • Very few private areas, most solo travellers ended up having to sit right next to other people.
  • Wifi didn't seem to be available throughout the whole lounge (especially in the area with plug sockets, which seems like a prime place to have internet access).
  • Only one person serving at the bar for a full lounge (soft drinks are self-service from a dispenser; alcoholic drinks and main meals needs ordering at the bar).
  • Food is ordered off a menu, and you are allowed a single option. The options were (IMO as someone who isn't a fussy eater) very poor, portion sizes were tiny (butternut squash curry was finished in five mouthfuls). There's soup, nuts and salad on the dresser. Salad was looking limp, so didn't eat that. One type of cake for dessert which looked like it had seen better days (very dry, tasteless).
  • Not all methods of entry include access to showers without additional charge.
Overall, if I didn't have an access pass, I'd suggest saving your £40 (this must be one of the most expensive basic lounges I've used) and using one of the airport bars/restaurants.