FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Reserve sign-up bonus MQMS
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:46 am
tbassny

Having the same issue from signing up in October, and I’ve gotten a few different answers from Amex and Delta. I hit the MQM signup bonus threshold and the $30K threshold in one charge. The 75K welcome bonus miles posted right away (in three installments) and the 15K miles and 15K MQMs from the $30K spend posted at statement close. The 10K MQM signup bonus never posted. I called Amex and was told this was a “known glitch” and to give it 7-10 business days. After that passed, I called Amex again and was told that they processed it on October 13, and this is on Delta’s end. I contacted Delta via twitter and the agent was amazing -- he called me and did a conference call with Amex. After getting to a supervisor, Amex advised it will likely post at the close of my next statement (next week), but to allow 8-12 weeks per the terms of the credit card. Amex did state that these are retroactive to my spend date and will post to the 2019 qualification year, even if they post in January. The Delta agent disagreed (noting that only applies to $30K threshold spends), and made the Amex agent give her name so it’s on the record. I’m not feeling hopeful about this, and would caution anyone on signing up for the Delta Amex cards for the MQM signup bonuses to not count on them posting in a timely manner.

Last edited by tbassny; Dec 1, 2019 at 12:38 pm