FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Electric Car Rental Questions
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:34 am
Justin Case

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Originally Posted by weegraeme
Thanks.

I rented from Sixt in 2016. I booked a Mazda CX-5 or similar because my own car at the time was a Mazda and I'd never driven a left hand drive vehicle before. I booked 5 months in advance. They were all out of my class of car when I arrived, but they offered me a Volvo V60 or an Audi A4. They were very good in that regard.

I sent another message via their web feedback form. No reply from that either. I'm starting to wonder if their technology is broken. I find it hard to believe that they'd ignore 4 messages from me.
I will give them a call tomorrow when their reservation line is open. I am just curious on how the whole electric car renting thing works.
With the very competitive Sixt weekend rates (Thursday 1300 till Monday, of Friday till Tuesday morning), it sometime makes (financially) sense for me to rent a car instead of taking my own. If i then also don't have to pay for fuel (or electricity in this case).

Gasoline fuel-burn per km is around 13 eurocents in NL. So somewhere between 850km (E-golf e110) and 1.350km (Jaguar I-pace e177) for a long weekend, the price for the rental would be cheaper than putting fuel into my own gasoline powered car (not even taking wear and tear and depreciation into account)