FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2019, 2:48 pm
redbirdsj

I just stayed 5 nights and overall it was a great stay and I can see why people return to this hotel year after year. Globalist breakfast is excellent, service was great and beach activities included in the resort fee are truly additive to the stay rather than the gimmicky filler you usually see in those resort fee inclusions. I snorkeled nearly every day, either at the little reef off the beach or south at the bigger reef off Wailea Beach and thought it was great. I also never noticed any signs of construction at the hotel.

The one part about the stay that was noticeably suboptimal was the room, which I know is a common complaint. It's small for a resort of this caliber and oddly laid out. They could do away with all the unnecessary doors in the bathroom/closet area. The shower is nice, but it comes at the expense of a tub in a room that size. Also, I was upgraded to what I was told was a "full ocean view" from a base room and though I didn't mind since it was an upgrade, I definitely would have minded if I had paid for it based on that description. There were only a couple slivers of ocean visible from the balcony in the Makai Tower.

We also stayed at the HR which was great for different reasons, but if I'm returning, I'm playing the 5k points premium to stay at the Andaz.