FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:51 pm
oc2005
Suspended

Originally Posted by tintin_007
Hello Friends - Mrs., I, and our 6 month old are planning on taking a trip to the PH in early December. We can either do 4 or 5 nights. I wanted to check -

1. From capacity perspective, how full it will be?

Last year in early December, it was fairly empty. We're booked again this year early to mid December, and based on the rates, I'm guessing it's not going to be very crowded again.

2. Any issues (at the property or around) we need to be aware of?

We absolutely loved the property last year which is why we're returning again -- favorite Hyatt resort property we've been to over any Hyatt in Hawaii, Costa Rica, Jamaica, California, etc. Only issue we had is we didn't want to leave.

3. I am planning to book via Amex FHR based on the benefits it comes with. Primarily for the breakfast benefit. How is the breakfast?

You may want to look at Prive rates as well -- not sure if it's still going on, but I booked a Prive rate with every 4th night free plus $300 resort credit for every 4 nights, plus $100 resort credit per stay, plus free breakfast.

Breakfast buffet was fantastic, but I did see a post above that they now don't have breakfast buffet always during low occupancy times now. Breakfast buffet had great pastries, fruit, fresh fruit juices, etc.

4. Mrs. and I are vegetarian. Does the property have good vegetarian options? Ho much should we plan on budgeting for daily dinner/room service?

The menus were fairly meat centric, but I believe each restaurant had at least one vegan dish, plus salads, veggie sides, etc. For two of us, we averaged between $160 to $200 per night for dinner including 2 entrees, 2 salads, 2 non-alcoholic drinks, and usually a dessert or two (including tax and tip). If you split an entree, skip dessert, you're probably closer to $100 to $125 for two people.

5. Should we book a rental or use tax service. I am fine either way.

Personally we did a taxi last year, and are planning on doing that again.

6. I see two types of room that interests me - beachside and sea view. What is difference? Which one is better?

Can't help with this one -- we loved our Sea View Suite (using a Globalist suite upgrade) which is what we're booked in again. We did see the Park Executive Suites which are even better since they are on the top floor and have a plunge pool. But can't speak to the beachside or non-suite rooms.

This will be our first trip with the infant, so kind of excited and a bit nervous. Any help will be highly appreciated.