FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:45 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by craig44485
This, my wife and I found the service very slow, and the portion sizes extremely small, we were in 21K and 22K JFK>HKG Originally had 11K and 12K, but right before boarding, they called my wife to the counter, told her there was an issue with the seat, the foot rest would not work, so they moved her to 21K. When I boarded, i went to my seat, 11K, only to already see someone settled into 12K my wife's seat. I asked the FA, person in the seat mumbled something to her I could not hear, and she tells me the seat is inoperable. Later, after take off they were able to switch me with the person in 22K. Not sure if your seat/cabin location has anything to do with how long the service takes.
I doubt it's a conspiracy to steal your wife's seat. Almost certainly the pax in the seat was ID (staff on personal travel) or an upgrade, and they would've advised them of the problem beforehand. It is definitely better to move back to where you did if your seat is broken.

Service goes front to back, so yes the farther back in the J cabin the longer service takes. Unfortunately with the new service, it can take a really long time, especially with some crews who aren't as experienced with it.