FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Destination/Resort Fee added to a prepaid booking
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:37 pm
cacic

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Prepaid a rate for 2 nights in the Hilton San Diego Bayfront & they've added a $35 Urban Destination fee to the reservation. I suspect they introduced this after my booking, however I don't believe they should be able to apply it retrospectively. Would strike me as a bait & switch move. I will be speaking with Front Desk/Duty Manager if necessary but would welcome any thoughts from folks with prior resort fee shenanigans.
They did this to me when I checked in in October. The fee was added instituted by the hotel in mid-September and you don't have the option of opting out. I particularly don't like this because part of it is for the use of kayaks and bikes and this is primarily a convention hotel. I did get it back as a credit against my food & beverage charges, but my company would typically pay for that and if I am going to San Diego I don't necessarily want to eat at the hotel. I advised at both check-in and check-out that I will no longer stay at this hotel as long as this fee is in place.