FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Policy for priority boarding with direct/indirect family members?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 5:08 pm
infinitium

Policy for priority boarding with direct/indirect family members?

I was on 881 earlier this week bound for the States... was in-line at the J boarding queue, when I noticed a large Indian family w/~10 family members ahead of me in the queue.

Looks like only 1 of the family was GO (a guy, judging from his 2 shameless GO backpack tags). Travelling with him were his wife, 3 teenage kids, his 2 parents, and what looked like his brother, and her wife.

I say only 1 of them was GO, as CX staff validating BPs were asking the rest of the family repeatedly if they were all travelling together.

What is CX's policy (or more likely, practice) for priority boarding w/family -- does priority boarding extend to "just" your direct family, or basically everyone in your entourage, regardless of relationship?

To me, it made complete sense for the dude's wife, kids and parents to board together. But his brother and his sister-in-law shouldn't have been allowed priority boarding.

Oh. and the entire party were later spotted right at the back, in Y.