FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What type of globalist does Hyatt value more?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:11 pm
Hydro88

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I have friends/family who are Globs they’ve stayed at about 40 North American Hyatt Properties, more than half of which were Grand Hyatt’s and Hyatt Regency Properties. I asked them (because they tend not to go to the same property often) if they feel they were treated any differently having gone to multiple of the same brand and they said they received “just about the same treatment”.
Lol!

But based on that and my intuition I just don’t see why you’d get any extra special treatment than another Globalist because you’ve stayed at more of the same brand of property (Hyatt Regency or Grand Hyatt being examples). I’ve never been told something like, Oh I see you stayed at another Hyatt Regency in Los Angeles (or similar) for any Hyatt Brand.
The argument from personal incredulity is always a bad one.

Can you elaborate on why they’d give someone better treatment just for staying at more properties within their specific brand? For example if I’d stayed at 10 Grand Hyatt’s and went on a trip to Manchester Grand Hyatt as a Globalist having never been there before.
Matt, you and your "friend" are very recent Globalists who got there through CC spend and a few inexpensive HH/HP stays. At the same time, your posts give me the impression that you have an overblown sense of entitlement. It's evident you're excited about your new status and that makes sense. But don't you think hotels have a clear financial interests to distinguish between a guest like you and those guests who may bring considerable repeat business to them?