FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at LAX
Thread: Cars at LAX
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:43 am
Yub

Originally Posted by Keisuke Himuro
Yeah I have checked their website and one way isn't allowed. But I can get one way from BUR. I guess that's because only one national car in LA?
I frequently rent one way from LAX to SNA frequently, so they do allow it.

What is your destination? Using nationalcar.com, I just tried booking one way LAX-SNA for 12/21 - 12/27, and it seems to work fine. I also tried LAX-LAS for the same dates and it also works.

Though not for National, I've run into a lot of problems when booking one way rentals through united.com, which is "powered by" rentalcars.com. One way searches will often show no availability, but checking on the rental car company's site shows availability. While united.com searches are limited to Hertz, Dollar, and Thrifty, I see that rentalcars.com also provides National Car brands and many others. There are probably many other travel booking sites that use rentalcars.com technology, and maybe have similar problems.

One unrelated tip I thought I would mention... One way rentals often have daily rates much higher than returning to the same location. It may be significantly less expensive to do the one way rental for one day, and have another reservation at the destination location where you pick up and return the car to the same location.

Last edited by Yub; Nov 28, 2019 at 1:49 am