FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - how often IB updates award inventory
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:01 am
craigthemif
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flybie
How often does Iberia update their award inventory? I was accruing miles and now the award seat that has been available for 2 weeks now gone. I am not flexible and has to be that specific date. I still have time as the trip will be in February. So I want to know how often do they update the award inventory? Cash price, I saw at least 9 seats available in Business Class.
The award seats are gone. IB won't be releasing more.

Your only chance is if the person who booked them decides to cancel, but even then it's unlikely that they go back into award inventory.

Originally Posted by Circusplaza
I have seen the J cabin at 20% of occupancy and nothing opening for awards... not even the day of travel in the counter or thru the IB+ line.
It is a bit silly how revenue management is handled there, but I am sure there is a reason I do not see

Revenue management isn't "silly". It's just a strategy you may not agree with. Which is to ensure that people who want to fly J pay for J, instead of paying Y or PE and taking their chances on upgrading at the airport.