FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA won't let me drop connecting flights... help please!
Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:21 am
KeaneJohn

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by mickeypops
My wife and I have a holiday booked to California in January, We've booked club world GLA-LHR-LAX returning LAX-LHR-GLA. Since we made the booking in May, we've relocated to England and no longer require the GLA-LHR and LHR-GLA. I called BA and ask them to drop these flights from the itinery but was shocked to be told this is technically a cancellation and re-book exercise and would cost me upwards of £4,000! Makes no sense as I;m giving them back the flights which they can presumably resell to other passengers.

I've hit a brick wall with the contact centre so would appreciate any advice as to how I can escalate this within BA.

Also, if I really can't do anything about this, and do indeed travel to Glasgow to make the outbound flights, upon the return leg can I simply leave at Heathrow? To do so would require the staff at LAX to ticket our luggage to LHR only Would they do that?

Many thanks

MP
is it a BA holiday if so you can cancel this up to 5 weeks before and lose the deposit maybe £300 or £450 and assuming there is good availability in the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals rebook.

if not you will have to start from Glasgow. A back to back checking in luggage a Heathrow then flying to/from Glasgow has its own risks so why not poodle up the night before get a cheap room at the airport Holiday Inn and stroll across to the airport on day of departure.

As others have said LAX won’t check bags to GLA but ask for them in the baggage hall.