FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Benefit of both elite status and credit card
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:37 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
First place to start is the list of Explorer card benefits, these are some that status does not provide (outside of earning miles on purchases)
  • 2 United Club passes each year for your travel
  • CPU award ticket eligibility for primary cardholder (only) if MP elite
  • 25% statement credit "rebate" on purchases of food, beverages, and wifi on United-operated flights
  • Global Entry / Pre-application statement credit rebate up to $100 once every four years

Originally Posted by k_den
Also for pricing awards, United also will give slightly lower rates for card holders at all status tiers. Pricing is a matrix of status tier and card/non-card holder. As 1k + credit card holder, you qualify for the best rates. I don't have an estimate of how much it's actually worth but I've seen material differences between award ticket pricing quoted for me as 1k + CC vs a GM with no card on the same flights.
This is incorrect. You are referring to access to XN which either status or primary credit card holder receives. There is no additional benefit of elites to have a cardholder, the mileage is the same