FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British airways first class
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 19, 1:05 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by arrow2fast View Post
While despite it we are on the way to become GGL, we can't help but notice that BA overall is on a downward spiral in terms of catering, lounges, service, equipment condition and pretty much everything else.
I know it hardly makes things better, but some days, everything just goes wrong. You seem to have had a bad crew, a cabana booking mess, and a pyjama mess. Catering ex-US outstations is generally mediocre to poor on BA and most other European airlines.

Poor F experiences are not rare, good ones are far more frequent. I'll admit that I have never had a cabana booking issue like yours, and whilst pyjama misloads have happened to me, so have they on multiple other airlines including QR, which many of us on this forum consider a very strong airline on that front.

In general, the BA F product remains well below some of its competitors such as AF or even LH and LX, but once you know that whilst top prices are similar to competitors, BA is the only one of the lot to also offer deeply discounted paid F fares for barely more than discounted J and plenty of award seats, many of us adjust expectations accordingly.

That said, however bad your experience, the sentence I quote from your post is simply not accurate, at least for BA F. Whilst, as I said, this is far from a leading product, the product as it exists not only hasn't declined but is actually better now than it has been in the past 10 years or so, with better catering, amenities, and bedding than before. The seats remain average at best.