FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2019, 1:39 am
boolean64

Originally Posted by Maui4me1
So when you got off the elevator you go to the right?
Yes. x48 is to the right from the elevators. I used a TSU to upgrade to a corner suite (I believe you can also upgrade to the junior suite using a TSU). When checking in, i had been told I was upgraded to the Junior Suite. Assuming Corner was better than Junior, i asked about the difference. That set off a flurry of front desk staff talking to each other and they came back quite confident that the junior suite was the better of the two categories. Upstairs we went and I was quite pleased with the room. It has a the pocket door between bedroom and living room. Giant bathroom. Good view of the A gates.

I thought the lounge was very nice but the food a bit underwhelming in the evening. Also the lounge is in an awkward location as you have to walk through the crane and quail restaurant to get there. Room service was hit and miss. loved the soup. chicken sandwich not so much.

The valets did double as bell hops. Got our stuff onto a cart and took us up to the lobby on the 4th floor and handed us off to someone else who helped us up to our room.

Service has been incredibly outgoing.

I still wouldn't recommend staying here if you're visiting San Francisco proper. But this is a great property for the airport and for the northern peninsula.