FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club World to Abu Dhabi with a toddler
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:32 am
ScotInAfrica

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold
Hello all

Some feedback on our experience to Abu Dhabi.

T5 was great, pleasant kids area in the lounge then headed over to C gates.

Plane struggled to switch from ground power to its own so we sat for 2 hours whilst BA tried to solve it.

Eventually got going- has anyone before in 15E/F experienced others using the floor area as a thoroughfare between the 2 aisles? I found this pretty annoying, but it may well be the norm.

Our son had a great flight- one crew member in particular was great, proactive with the kids pack, got his log book signed by the flight crew etc.

My wife and I found the CW experience “OK” this time. Crew was very mixed on approach and professionalism.

We each received half a glass of champagne before take off. Due to the delay meal orders were taken on the ground- for some reason drinks were served with lunch and no wine was offered.

Afternoon tea was a major disappointment- in my opinion BA would have been better off offering nothing.

We arrived just over 2 hours late, around 0220 local time.

The flight home was a sleeper service- same seats booked and again people crossing in front of us.

Didn’t bother with any food to maximise sleep, we had breakfast at the arrivals lounge. My wee boy slept for the full flight, so that was great.

IFE didn’t work for the duration of the flight for all passengers- CSM encouraged us to complain so we did and my wife and I received 20,000 avios each.

In summary, fairly average experience other than the fact we had plenty space and slept almost all of the way home.

This flight was a 2 for 1 reward flight- was it worth the avios and fees- yes. Would it have been worth the cash fare- in my opinion, no.

Thanks for all the advice from everyone, we loved Abu Dhabi and will be heading back in March

ScotInAfrica