FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Less than 6 month passport validity, OCI card holder
Old Nov 23, 19, 3:05 pm
Maxwell Smart

Programs: UA Gold; AA Gold; HH Diamond; National EE; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Indian authorities don't care about the 6 month validity, some airlines do. You will be fine. Also if you have an oci and are below 20 you should update renew the oci card but since it takes a while it is sufficient to carry the old passport along. With children people tend to be a bit more lenient. You definitely don't need an evisa.

I wouldn't be too sure.

Qatar Airlines is who you need to contact ASAP, to see if they will allow boarding if the passport expires in less than 6 months. And if they say it's okay, GET IT DOCUMENTED SOMEHOW so you don't get an unpleasant shock at checkin.

I had a very similar issue (URGENT: Emergency travel to India w/ OCI and short-expiry passport) and both Etihad and Emirates specifically told me that per their AIRLINE policy, they would NOT allow travel with less than 6 months remaining on the passport, regardless of what the Indian govt says (and also implied that most airlines have a similar rule).
We ended up having to get a same-day passport at the Washington DC passport office on the day of flight.

Given that you're in Philadelphia and still have a couple of weeks, I'd seriously consider getting a new passport either through a service or in person before travel.