FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - XPs and Lounge Access with partial OCI upgrades
Old Nov 23, 19, 9:12 am
Ratatoskr

Programs: FB Silver
XPs and Lounge Access with partial OCI upgrades

Hi all,

I've got a quick question regarding the exact upsides of buying an OCI upgrade. Specifically I've got DUS-AMS-EDI booked in Y, and can separately upgrade the legs to J for different prices (42/50.50). I usually wouldn't bother for such short legs, but with the remaining flights booked this year would be just a few XPs (3) short of requalification for my measly Silver status (I didn't do a lot of flying this year, but expect that to go up again next year and would like to keep the additional piece of luggage), so just want to make sure - buying an upgrade for one of these should give me 15 rather than 5XP on the relevant leg, and thus be sufficient for me to reach the needed XPs - is that the case, or would these OCI upgrades be treated differently? I don't expect it, just want to make sure not to waste the money.

Secondly, if I do, I was thinking that I should do it for the second leg, expecting that that might give me lounge access in AMS, where I will have 2.5 hours to kill. Is my assumption correct that upgrading the second leg would do that, while upgrading the first would not?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Sebastian