FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If Hilton's IT dept doesn't know, how am I supposed to?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 5:04 am
TheTourVan

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Jerry Vandesic
There already is a tracker for milestone bonuses, but it can be wrong. Here's what mine currently shows:

The system thinks I have 63 nights, which would mean that I have already earned by 60 night bonus, and am 7 nights away from my 70 night bonus. But 6 of those nights are from a "Double Night Credit 2019 Offer" that I am currently receiving that gives me double nights towards earning status. And doubled nights do not count toward milestones, despite what this counter is telling me. I haven't yet received my 60 night bonus, despite what this counter is telling me. It's just wrong. To figure out how many nights I needed to hit 60, I had to wade through the listing of my stays and total them up manually -- a real pain.

So, we don't need a new tracker, we just need the current tracker to be correct.
Imagine having one of those punch cards for a Sandwich shop. You go every Tuesday for subs and on Thursdays it is double punch day. After 10 subs you get a free one, but after 100 you get a party. Each time you check out it tells you, you need X more subs before you get your party. Except when you get to 99, it keeps saying you need 1 more for the next 10 visits and when you ask management, they say "yeah the counter is screwed up, but we verified it, its right, sorry, try again next time". That is what we are getting here.

Crazy that they have not removed the milestone bonus tracker from the website which gives erroneous information.
Diamond Desk was worthless, despite multiple calls.
Hilton Honors person here, confirmed that the counter is wrong, and worked to correct it for me, but it ABSOLUTELY should be removed.

I mean it is completely absurd, that there continues to be excuses and defense for this. A hope for a fix in 2020? For a promotion that is still going on right now and has been for months? What?