FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2019, 4:19 am
justned

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond
At the hotel, the majority of the guestrooms(floor 5.6.7) are located at a different building/tower which requires you to take the elevator to floor 5, cross a bridge and take another elevator up to the floors to your room. Floor 5.6.7 each have 19 rooms, so majority can't avoid it. The walk is tedious if you need to go out often or go to the front desk. If you are paying that much, I assume you would stay at the hotel and use it's amenities and not plan going out anyway despite the popular location.

Fitness center is great, bath place is free with two steam rooms, but there are only two baths which can fit like two people each, better just have the bath at your room to get more privacy and avoid the elevator swaps and walk.

Breakfast and afternoon tea is at the a place called "the living room" which is basically at the lobby. I personally don't like these open seating concepts, but that's me.

Hardware wise on par with Ritz Kyoto, newer but Ritz still feels more luxurious, maybe just too much wood used at Park Hyatt. Service wise some growing pains, room key cards not working for both of my rooms, giving my room to someone else after check in(thought I was going to get walked).

Anyway, still enjoying the stay. Food at Kyoto Bistro are reasonable prices considering the touristy price in the area.

I also stayed at Suiran for one night and unless you need to stay at Arashiyama and get that million dollar view, I would just stay at Kyoto and do a day trip. Ritz and PH are much better every way, this is not saying Suiran is bad, just not at the level of Ritz and it's my own opinion.

Last edited by justned; Nov 23, 2019 at 1:22 pm