FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very disappointed with Delta rewards program
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:21 pm
defrosted

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
....but sometimes I wonder if some people on here actually know what it is like to fly as a no status economy traveler.
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I've posted this several times but yep - flying as a non-status traveler blows. I'm reminded of this every time I island hop in Hawaii on HA. And based on where I live now and with the GSA contracts being more split, I now often end up on another airline for work travel. Even with some of the additional military perks the airlines extend, traveling without status simply sucks. Despite the knocks it gets from those with higher status, even getting low-level status such as Silver Medallion is enough to take flying from miserable to bearable and even just getting an airline branded CC doesn't cover all the perks that even the lowest status levels come with.
Originally Posted by N174UA
I couldn't agree more.....
Wholeheartedly agree as well. If loyalty programs aren't as good, do people not realize the no status "perks" have been degraded at the same time?

I get it, some of the 30 year loyalty flyers are more bent out of shape, because back in the good ol' days everything was better. But the price of flying has come down to make it affordable for more people (non business travelers) too, no complaints about that? Gone are the days of half full 747's crossing the country with free everything. But I guess all things considered I can get across the country on vacation for a few hundred bucks, especially if I am paying, add a few pleasing loyalty perks and I am good.

I for one hope more people drop loyalty.