FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Category 6, no room service??
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:53 am
arlflyer

Originally Posted by JBord
Huh? This was neither an attack nor was there any name calling. If you're referring to the words "fringe segment", I don't think that qualifies. It's certainly not a mainstream segment that is pining for room service. If you'd prefer I say "small segment", I can live with that.
It was a generalization based upon zero data. How do you know what the segment is? Do you have industry data? Yes, taking a common practice that is fairly prevalent and acceptable within business travel circles and calling it "fringe" behavior is tantamount to name calling - "fringes of society" does not have a positive connotation anywhere, except maybe some artistic circles which embrace the moniker.

Originally Posted by JBord
I made an observation, followed up with supporting facts and observations. You've done the same...that's educated discourse and diversity of perspectives.
No, you made a sweeping generalization and "supported" it using statements that all go "I, I, me, I". That's not really how one supports a statement about a population, but it's OK.