FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Bronze Useless?
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:45 am
Kruisler

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lels
Yeah, that makes sense. Tbh, I've never bought a full fare "Y" ticket. I find that you can get W or even J in some cases for the price of a full priced Y ticket
It totally depends on circumstances, and you seem to be getting the rough end of the stick.
I travel to the US east coast mostly, for business but only allowed WT travel. That said I usually book only 3-4 weeks out and travel mostly Sun-Fri. So more often then not the only fares left are Y/B/H and I end up with 140TPs. So despite flying only 6/7 times a year, I achieve Bronze almost every year. I say almost because one year in the last 7 I didn't, and spent 6 month back on blue, I really missed the early seat selection and earlier boarding during that time so I appreciate Bronze a bit more than I used to.
One year I reached Silver and I just did again, but will be back to Bronze next year. Since I can expense meals/drinks and don't spend a lot of time in airports, the lounge access will be nice but not game changer for me.. Bronze is a happy medium..