FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aloft Seoul Myeongdong, South Korea [Master Thread]
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:05 pm
Handcake

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Thanks for the update. How was the property overall? I stayed there a couple years ago when they had just opened and they had some teething issues.
I am considering it again! The room was amazingly comfortable. The experience was actually one of being a lot more comfortable than the Courtyard Naedaemun which is down the street.

I like that you can open the windows, as in winter the rooms are a bit over heated for my tastes, and some fresh air made the experience really good.

The service at the counter wasn't what you will get at a luxury hotel, but it was okay. They do answer the mobile app quickly though, and speak English.

Elevators you might have to wait a bit for.

The gym is really small. Hard pass on that. They have laundry machines, which I used and they are cheap with a real Western style dryer. That was a huge plus.

I'd go back to the hotel for the right price. I don't need to pay 30-40 dollars more a night for a hotel with a lounge, as right next door is Myeongdong where I can eat dinner for like 10 dollars a night.