FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to get bumped compensation
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:10 pm
MSPLCOC

Programs: DLSILVER; HH GOLD
Trying to get bumped compensation

I have not done this yet, and i am looking for input on possible pit falls. Or if anyone else has successfully pulled this off. I sit about 1.5 Hrs from MSP airport and about 45 Min from a regional airport BRD. I usually price both when i travel , as, if BRD is within 60 bucks , i figure for the no charge parking ,and less miles traveled , it is worth the cost. I have a couple of trips booked where I am flying out of MSP late in the AM. What I am thinking of doing, is purposefully watching and waiting for a full flight out of BRD to MSP on my departure day, book a ticket within 24 hours, go up to BRD and offer to get bumped and compensated.( as I see it a lot in the AM flights out of BRD )Then drive down to MSP and take my normal flight anyways. If I don't get bumped, I take the flight down to MSP. And I can always cancel my flight before the 24 hour, and get my refund

I know what your thinking, what about the car? , well if works, there are executive shuttles running between MSP, and BRD, for 60-70 bucks.

Anyone else tried this successfully , or am I missing something.