FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Bronze Useless?
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:34 am
stuvoi

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by lels
A mix really - my main trips were:
LHR-HKG-Australia Return x2
LHR-DOH-China Return (This got me the bulk of my points tbh, 140 TP in total)
LHR-West Coast US Return

Plus a handful of smaller legs
That is some long flights to travel in Economy!

Maybe my age, but I have now given up on economy flights, for Long Haul. (Although I know that's not an option for everyone) A few of those trips in WTP and you'd be Silver and probably nearly Gold, especially as you're flying multi-legs (Are you booking the lowest fare bracket, as Economy flights can furnish much more TP than that?)

Like most people on here, I used to be bronze at one point in time and I was really excited when I got it. (The Seat Selection, Business checkin & priority boarding were the things I relied on the most)
When I hit Silver, it was definately the lounge access. I also started to get a lot of POUG offers and compliments these with AUG if the former was not available/possible
This is my first year as Gold, after 5 years as Silver, from a Gold perspective the main time I have noticed any benefits over silver is when something has gone wrong on the flight (Been on a couple of times when travelling CW in a 4 class plane that has ended up being a 3 class plane and not been downgraded). (I also take my bike with me a lot, so the extra bag allowance helps in whichever class I am travellling in)