FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - E-rewards [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:34 am
beachmouse

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Ambystoma
Seems like redeeming for Avios is popular. Is this generally considered the best redemption in Erewards? I've been redeeming for United miles. Would love to hear why Avios is the best bang for the buck if that is in fact the case.
Avios can be a very good value for single segment short haul routes on BA and a few other partners like AA and I think Qantas and one of the big players in Japan. Not so much for connecting routes since their pricing is per flight segment and they bite you with hefty fees on long haul award tickets.

i think that the perceived popularity of Avios redemptions is because we’ve got a lot of chatty Brits on FT

My redemption rotation is Alaska-BA-Flying Blue-United because it lets me build free miles in each major alliance (there are some useful sweet spots with FB for me and program changes in 2018 made it easier to keep miles from expiring) with Alaska as a wild card. BA actually isn’t a great option where I live but I got that account first and didn’t want to start over again with AA considering it’s not my primary alliance group