FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switching Back to Hyatt
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2019, 6:58 am
meducate

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by TheTourVan
Questions to the smart Hyatt people here. I was a member with Hyatt (still am) and a loyalist with their previous program. When the program changed, I was forced to move back to Hilton because the highest level was not a possible achievement for me, where it was with another program. I have a couple of questions that you might be able to assist me with, as I don't know if anything has changed in regards to the program itself.

1. I understand they don't do status match, so I will be starting over from scratch. I am okay with that, because I enjoyed my time at Hyatt, but do they offer challenges to expedite it?
I am not sure

2. Are points stays still not counted towards status?
They do now

3. The biggest difference I see between Globalist and Explorist is Lounge Access, upgrade includes suites and free parking? Am I missing any others? Resort fees always waived?
Resort fees waived. Free parking only on award stays and only when the hotel runs the valet parking (not when it is outsourced)

I do more than 60 nights now with Hilton each year, but very much enjoyed having points nights count towards that. With Hyatt not counting them in the past, I am not sure I get there and could determine if this will work, because the perks are pretty considerable. Does the Hyatt CC (which I have) give a head start in nights like Amex Bonvoy does (we have that one too).

Thanks in advance.