FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grand Salzburg, Austria [Master Thread]
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:42 am
GoldenItalianBoy

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by Renard
I stayed there a few weeks ago. Nice property. The room was comfortable. I was given something called an upgrade but it was probably just something like an upgraded view. Certainly not a suite or a club floor room.

I was there on points/CC certs—I seemed like a good value given the rates and would stay again on the cert.. I would never pay the 275 Euro that they were asking for that weekend. Seemed high for a hotel that seemed to be practically empty. I very much enjoyed Salzburg.

Good location.

The lounge was a nice facility. The lounge breakfast was just okay and the eventing service was Very weak in my opinion—compared to your typical Marriott lounge in the USA (not a particularly high bar). Seemed weak for a Marriott property in the lounge department. I certainly wouldn’t want to pay extra for the lounge. The lounge was very quiet the weekend I was there.....I don’t think that I’ve seen a lounge that quiet in sometime.

i was offered upon checkin the choice of the 1000 points or breakfast in the restaurant. I wish I’d taken that as the lounge breakfast was uninspiring. Oh I had to call Marriott after the stay to actually get the 1000 points.
I read this review and I feel REALLY SAD!

I remember my stays in Sheraton Salzburg as a SPG Platinum, maybe 8 years ago.
I got upgrades to Etage 7 Club Lounge and its service was AMAZING in terms of service, food and selection of drinks: a huge spread for breakfast, lunch hours and happy hour (hot and cold food).
Downgrading a service like that is very depressing.