FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Unconfirmed] UA Preparing to Sell E+ at Booking as Separate Cabin (like DL C+)
Old Nov 19, 19, 1:45 pm
dilanesp

Programs: united
Originally Posted by JimInOhio View Post
No, the conversation hasn't been about "supersizing". It's been about resistance to downsizing. Not a single 777 was outfitted with 10-across seating when the aircraft first came out and people thought the standard 9-across was fine. It was only years later that airlines (many, not all) decided to cram 10 seats in and that's what people don't like.
10 across is now industry standard. If it was really too tight, this couldn't have happened because passengers would have revolted against it.

As I said, I am tall. Nonetheless, the airlines have every right to control costs by selling seats I can't fit in, such as Spirit's 28 inch pitch. It allows other passengers to save money, and as far as I am concerned that's great.

There's nothing wrong with 10 across 777's because plenty of passengers fit in the seats just fine. If you don't, avoid the plane or pay more, just as I avoid Spirit and pay more.