FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you care about welcome dessert and card?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:57 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
I have no expectations (especially just as a platinum member - there's a lot of us!). It's a nice gesture when it happens though. I recall a nice fruit basket at the JW Hong Kong, hand written personalized postcard at the Sea-Tac airport Marriott, as well as a lot of printed welcome notes (sometimes written to me, sometimes to a generic platinum member).

I enjoy it when it happens, but usually it's not enough to significantly sway my habits... (e.g., I really appreciated the personalized welcome note at the Sea-Tac airport Marriott, but will still stay at another Bonvoy property in the area if there's a significant price savings).

Though I’ll edit to say that I really was super surprised by the Residence Inn Portland Convention Center giving out welcome goodie bags to elite members at check in with my name written on it, as well as jars of mints in all their rooms - which has been enough to make me choose that property multiple times when the price is right.

Last edited by ryw; Nov 18, 2019 at 3:26 pm