FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motif Seattle - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - left Hyatt 1/12/23 - now Hilton
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:21 am
Red Raider LV

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
I just completed a one night stay here. It's a nice property, and fairly reasonably priced for Downtown Seattle. I would say the theme of the hotel is "Full Service Aloft." The employees are friendly and the wine tasting in the lobby is a nice touch.

My criticism however, is that they don't seem to care to participate in WOH. I was given a standard room on the 8th floor with no real view. This is what I booked, so that's fair enough, but I checked the app when I arrived at the hotel and literally every room type one could think of was for sale (suites, high floors, rooms with views) so I think they simply don't pay any attention/don't care about Globalist status. Somewhat disappointing for a one night stay.

As for breakfast, you get whatever you want in the restaurant which is nice, but they apparently charge gratuity to your bill automatically. I had to ask about the breakfast benefit because it wasn't mentioned to me at check-in. Gratuity was never disclosed.

Finally, they charged me the pointless destination fee even though it should be waived. I am in the process of getting it taken off my bill.

If Globalist benefits are important to you, there are better choices in Seattle. If you value free wine and funky room design this might be a good choice... just don't expect a view.