FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade priority ?: Me flying company booking as PM, wife as award or $+SM?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 5:08 pm
TFGator

Upgrade priority ?: Me flying company booking as PM, wife as award or $+SM?

My company's annual conference is the first weekend in January and I'll be flying up MCO-ATL on a company paid booking and plan to bring along my wife and our then 4 month old as a lap child for the weekend. I'll be Platinum Medallion after this week and am planning to call DL and have them link our reservations after they are made. My question is, how would it affect our ability to leverage my PM upgrade priority based on how I book her? I'd like to give us the best shot of a complimentary upgrade to F and will have enough miles to book her flight as an award flight, but would have no issues either booking her as a $+SM upgrade or outright purchase if that would place us higher up the priority list.

So that said, correct me if I'm wrong on these assumptions:

1. Lap child does not count as an additional companion for the purposes of determining upgrades
2. She's going to upgrade at the same priority as me with my paid ticket whether no matter if she's booked as award travel, $+Skymiles, or normal paid fare

Thanks in advance.