FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Way too many Bus gates, only Thai, and no Bus Class buses.....awful
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:38 am
BabyBearNewYork

This has been such a helpful thread. Thank you to everyone for their comments. I was thinking of using Thai for a leisure trip next year in May for BOM-TPE/ICN-BOM in J as they are offering very cheap J fares, but after seeing the comments, I'll look out for sales on CX and SQ instead! I wanted to highlight something I don't think many people touched on - I'll most likely be traveling with my mom who has arthritis and struggles on her bad days with climbing up steps. Given the high likelihood of getting remote parking stands for Thai flights in BKK, it would be much harder for her to get on and off the plane without stress. I know that no airline can 100% guarantee airbridges, but at least the chances of getting bus stands is much lower for CX and SQ in their home bases. For anyone who has walking or climbing issues, this could definitely be a deciding factor, and this is even before being exposed to the Bangkok heat in May!