FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any chance an employer wouldn't pay for J if 4x/yr Asia trips are required?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 9:10 am
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
Wife just had an interview and got a verbal offer for a position with a F500 company. The position will likely require about 4 trips to Asia a year for 1-2 weeks each. They didn't give her a number yet, but the position will probably pay in the lower-mid 100s.

Wife didn't think to ask during the interview (and it may have been awkward to ask), but the first question I had was whether this travel would be in J. 4x/year to Asia in Y would be a non-starter to me.

Obviously nobody on here can say for sure, but this forum has a lot of collective knowledge about corporate travel. So, I thought I'd ask. For an employee at that pay level at a F500 company, is there any reasonable chance they'd make her fly Y and not pay for J?
It all depends on the company.

I don’t think there should be a problem asking about their travel policies. Some folk are fine flying Y. Some people are not. Unless you are accompanying her on all the flights, why not let her decide? I’ve flown a million+ miles in coach. Much of it longhaul to Asia. Still alive.