FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Israel itinerary suggestions?
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2019, 8:48 pm
LAX_Esq

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
I disagree that there's little in the way of sites in Tel Aviv. Granted, it's not Jerusalem - but there's still a lot to see there. The old port of Jaffa, the Bauhaus/International Style architecture, Shuk Hacarmel, the old downtown neighborhoods... it's a great city to wander around in. And, of course, the food is amazing.
No dispute from me on this one. When I said "There isn't so much in TLV in the way of 'sites,'" my "sites" was referring to historical sites. Old Jaffa is really the only "site" in TLV. In a country filled with ancient/historical sites (all over the country, not just in Jerusalem), TLV isn't the place for the type of traveler looking for "sites." Of course, all other things you mention to do in TLV are great. Nobody should skip TLV; I think it's essential that any visitor to Israel see the most populous city in the only Jewish country in the world and get a sense of what modern life is there. But OP is already going to be in TLV and doesn't need to spend a * whole * lot of extra time there. Hopefully he can get some good meals and exploring in while he's at the conference.