FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Civil Unrest - Survival Guide Q&As (Flame Free)
Old Nov 16, 2019, 6:52 pm
JNelson113

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by DrMarkMicro
Quick update while sitting at the gate for my onward flight to Bangkok from HKIA after an entirely uneventful taxi & AE trip to the airport.

Currently there’s what the SCMP describes as an ‘uneasy truce’ in the city, with the only significant action occurring on university campuses. We saw nothing of the protests whatsoever on Friday or Saturday despite spending quite a bit of time in Central, although transport in to and across the commercial area was greatly restricted after around 3.30, presumably in case of activity.

I’d add to my previous post that Sheung Wan is well placed also for access on foot to the Outer Island piers through the IFC Mall. We saw a number of active poster walls around schools on Cheung Chau, with evidence of support for both sides, but no signs of physical conflict or route closures on the island.

Many thanks to everyone on this forum, whose experience and advice significantly eased our stay and allowed us to plan suitable activities.
Good to hear. Thank you so much for this update.