FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Narita (NRT) Admirals Club Closed March 2020
Old Nov 16, 2019, 8:03 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by dave_261
Saw this yesterday and didn't see anyone post here, so... https://onemileatatime.com/american-...arita-closing/

NRT Club will close next spring as AA moves flights to Haneda.
Wow. I spent some serious time in that NRT club over the years. I'm retired now, but I used to do the 153/154 ORD/NRT round trip every 6 to 8 weeks for years. I must have missed it, but it looks like AA no longer flies non stop to Japan from Chicago apart from the JL codeshare. Adding that flight 20 years ago is what got me to move from UA (where I was 1K) to AA - and kept me there even when UA granted me GS status with no challenge during the AA/US merger turmoil.. ORD really has been gutted as far as AA TPAC goes. There are no non stops at all on AA metal as far as I can see. I remember the days when I could fly from ORD to NRT, KIX, and NGO on AA metal. Too bad. AA has ceded control of much of the international market to UA in ORD.

Last edited by wjj; Nov 19, 2019 at 6:12 am