FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enter to FCL at FRA using cash
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:58 am
sophialite

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by 8mh
The FCT doesn't have any Michelin stars.

The quality of the food is not quite at the level of Germany's restaurants with 1 or 2 stars (not even speaking of 3 stars) IMHO.

They certainly have strong suits, though. Champagne is obviously a crowd-pleaser at the FCL/FCT. I bet their champagne cave is better than that of a good number of 1*/2* restaurants.
Yes. FCT/FCL food is definitely as good as it should be, but to say you’re getting Michelin starred dining (as much as I hate that metric because I’ve had many not so great Michelin starred meals, but we can use this flawed metric for now) is absurd.

The only way in which $200 is not a waste for the lounge is if you pound a $175 bottle of champagne or whisky or something like that. I assume the other items are worth around $25 or so. But even then I’m not sure it’s still not a waste. You don’t exactly go about pounding expensive alcohol, at least if you want to appreciate the taste and subtlety after each and every sip.

And there’s no need to take it personally when you are wrong. Everyone makes bad decisions. But don’t seek refuge in subjectivity. That’s for the weak.