FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Insurance/Compensation Options for an approx 13 hour Delay (BA 28)
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:49 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dan Son
Exactly my thoughts regarding your first point. Since I have time to kill, I’ll probably phone the BA call center and hopefully suss out their stance on this or wait until the counters are occupied by BA stuff in the evening. It’s a pain that BA shut their base down here at HKG, makes it harder to get any answers.
I very much doubt the Contact Centre will give any help on Article 7. It's handled by a separate team and always after the event. My hunch is that BA is that 50% chance BA will pay no quibble, 50% you will have to push for it, if necessary to CEDR or MCOL (see main thread). In any event you won't get any compensation for several weeks, typically. But the Right to Care is always paid and you at least have a letter explaining that, and usually that gets refunded in a couple of weeks.

[Note that on your first day on Flyertalk you get 5 messages maximum, a one off restriction so we can block out the bad people. This gets lifted 24 hours after post 1].