FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post your SUCCESSFUL LM award bookings here
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:26 pm
wpcoe
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Notyourbag
Did you use Screenshot method? If so what was the turnaround time in Avianca getting back to you to ticket it?
No screenshot needed. It appeared while searching availability on lifemiles.com.

Originally Posted by freed0m
It is even cheaper with transfer bonus and you don't have to buy a lot to qualify.
I guess I need to check into the transfer bonus. I thought there was a fee for mileage transferred to/from another member, and it (partially?) offset the transfer bonus?

[edited to add:] Here's an except of the footnotes for the current 115% transfer bonus (how does that trump the 135% bonus I got?):

• This promotion is valid from November 13th to November 20th, 2019 (between 00.00-23.59 GMT -6, El Salvador), as the last date of transfer.
  • Transfer fee for each block of 1,000 LifeMiles: USD $15.00 not including applicable taxes and USD $18.30* including applicable taxes according to the country of correspondence registered in the LifeMiles database**
  • The 115% bonus is calculated over the amount of miles to be transferred.
So, if you wanted to transfer me 41k miles there would be a 47.15k bonus for a total of 88.15k so I could get my 86.38k TG-NH ticket . However, to transfer 41k miles would incur transfer fees of $615, no? If I've got that straight (not sure) then you would have to be willing to sell me (is that permitted?) your 41k miles for less than $600 to be cheaper than the $1213 I got buying the miles under the 135% bonus plan. Now, if someone is willing to just give me 41k miles, I'm all ears. Line forms to the right.

Last edited by wpcoe; Nov 14, 2019 at 8:44 pm