FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strike action on Friday 15 November 2019 onwards
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:02 am
TheCanuckian

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by wfiring12
Given the instability and threats of strike at SAA, I’d love the advice of folks who know the market better than myself for some upcoming flights I have booked over the upcoming holidays. While I have a SAA J flight from JNB to CPT on 17 Dec, I’m most concerned about the SA Airlink flights I have from CPT-MUB (23 Dec) and MUB-JNB (28 Dec). I realize Airlink is not part of the threatened strike action, but concerned that might change. Would anyone recommend I cancel the SAA/Airlink flights and move to a mix of Comair and Air Botswana – even if it means my flight from CPT to MUB is no longer non-stop? As you might imagine, my biggest priority is to make sure I arrive and depart from Maun on the days planned. I have experience flying SAA, Airlink, Comair and Air Botswana – have no bias against any of them and my *G status on SAA is not particularly relevant given the potential challenges!
I expect you could wait a few days to see what happens. There's probably no huge hurry if your flights are still a month out.