FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Poll - Are you getting renewed for GE without an interview?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 2:44 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The poll question has too few options and excludes participation for some of us who have been getting GE renewals finalized after being conditionally-approved.

Also, one of the two currently-listed possible responses is premised on a condition that has not been applicable for well over a year: that about scheduling an interview to renew GE membership. Conditionally-approved applicants -- renewal or otherwise -- can get GE renewed without ever scheduling any GE interview .... as long as the conditionally-approved renewal applicant does the enrollment on arrival process (or a walk-in elsewhere) within 365 days of the GE membership status' on-file expiration date. This applies to most every renewal applicant in my travel parties.

There are conditional renewal approvals that take place where there is literally no interview and the CBP employee is just re-capturing fingerprints and photos. Not even asking a single question, not even making any request of the applicant to verbally or otherwise confirm any text-based biographical information or provide anything beside a passport and the GE printed receipt. This applies to a minority of this year's renewal applicants in my travel parties.

Can we add a few more options to the poll to include such kind of renewal applicants? Or change the poll to be something like this (which seems to be more of the kind of situation of interest to the OP):

A) GE renewal approved without needing to do EOA, walk-in or appointment visit.
B) Conditionally-appproved renewal and got final approval after EOA, walk-in or appointment visit.

Or just change the second option in the current poll to "I was conditionally-approved and required to visit CBP in order to get my GE membership renewed".

Thanks.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 14, 2019 at 3:13 am