FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone notice Marriott is no longer honoring the 48hr guarantee?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:47 pm
CPRich
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Another problem I have noticed is that properties are hiding behind minimum stay requirements. They will be bookable to the general public for a Mon-Wed stay, but if I try to use the 48-hour guarantee to book a room for just Tuesday, they claim to be sold out.
Is/was the room available to the general public for just Tuesday? That's what's relevant.

Originally Posted by CptnInc
Now that the hotel has 25% vacancy, I expect the No Blackout policy on points to apply.
You may have looked up the definition, but you may not understand it. No Blackout does not mean the old SPG "if there's a standard room available for sale, there's a room available for points". It simply means that at some point rooms are available at that property on that date for points. If the rooms that were made available for points were all redeemed for points, there are no more. A previously-sold-out property having rooms come available does not imply that rooms for points must be available. And that does not mean the "No Blackout policy on points" doesn't apply.