FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, Classic
View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 19, 1:12 am
Ripley62

Programs: AA, Delta, Marriott, IHG
We been to the Cancun RC a few times, The resort does have gym with all the standard equipment my wife uses it every morning we've stayed at the resort. It also has a set of saunas and steam rooms in the changing rooms. These are in addition to the separate spa.

we've found it to a good place to use out Club Lounge certificates, which are good for up to 7 days on paid stays. Our first stay a few years ago we were upgraded to the CL floor, I believe it might have been the last standard room available due to a medical conference. That experience influenced use to not only return regularly but get the RC credits card that provides the Club Lounge certs. Because we've only stayed there on the CL floor our experience might be quite different. The staff, to a person, on the Club Lounge floor is excellent. Also the fine dinning restaurant is very much worth an evening.

I think the hotel might be the last or at least one of the last that was built before Marriott bought into Ritz Carlton and as such the public spaces are still designed and decorated in that belle epoch style of the original styled Ritz hotels. Which is in one way a bit odd at a beach resort but also a bit old Mexico in a French fashion. The white glove service at the restaurant has a similar for me pleasurable disconnect. The rooms and Club Lounge though relatively recently redone and up modern standards.