FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019)
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:25 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by JFKLAX321
Oh, please.
  • If by take away "this benefit" you mean the $200 airline credit, I don't think there's cause for concern. This is already the weakest "travel" credit out there, and Amex would lose a lot of customers that use the reimbursement to justify the annual fee. For me, there's no reason to have the Platinum card aside from lounge access and the airline, Uber, and Sak's credits. Maybe the 5x points on airfare is worth it to some, but I don't pay for business flights so the 3x on Gold (and now Green) or CSR suffices for me.
  • If by "this benefit" you mean reimbursement for DL tickets when paying partially with a gift card and partially with a Platinum card, then you're being hypocritical. That may trigger a refund, but it's not actually eligible for reimbursement. If that "benefit" is taken away, it will be because it is not, and was never intended to be, a benefit at all.
1. So you're saying there are several things other than the $200 airline credit that make the card valuable to you, such as lounge access, Uber credits, and Saks credits?

2. I don't think this is the proper use of the word "hypocritical".