FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to go in March? Warm weather options?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 3:19 pm
MaxFlying

Originally Posted by christianj
We normally go on a higher-end warm weather European vacation in May/June every year. Sadly in 2020 we need to take that vacation in mid-March due to some scheduling issues at work that won't allow us to take time off in May/June. The earlier time frame is however limiting our options to seek a warm weather destination that is not too far away from the east coast.

Prefer
- Optimally I would prefer a direct flight out of JFK/LGA/EWR but that makes the choices even more limiting so willing to connect but not willing to fly all the way to Hawaii.
- High-end resort type hotel
- Prefer a beach destination
- Prefer to book an award stay

Currently under consideration
- St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Puerto Rico - Is it worth 100k per night?
- Solaz Los Cabos - flight is long and requires a layover
- Palm Springs/LA combo trip - direct flights with hotels TBD. Recommendations?
- Mexico - any other recommendations?
- Florida - St. Regis Bal Harbour or other FLL or S. Beach options - Will it be warm enough?
- Spanish Canary Islands - Will it be warm enough?

I would appreciate any comments on the options I am considering as well as other options I might not have listed. (I did not include Scottsdale since we have no real interest in going there again.)
St Regis Punta Mita. We were there last March. Even at what was close to full occupancy we generally saw no more than a couple of people at the adult pool. Great place to use SNA, but even without an upgrade the basic rooms are excellent.