FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Economy Web Special" Award (dynamic price, fewer miles, more restrictions Oct 2018)
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:11 pm
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by flyertech007
Here’s a good one! I booked 7 tickets on a web points special fare @ 16.5k one way sept 13th! I just checked and 7 tickets on the same web points web fare is 12.5k points!!!!
I had no idea it could go down! Anyone experience this and if AA would do the right thing for a lifetime Plat and credit the difference?
Why would that be the "right thing" for AA to do? They offer free cancellation/refunds to EP/CK, but not to PLT. You're free to pay the redeposit/rebooking fee if the math works better for you that way.

Would you also expect them to give you cash back if you booked nonrefundable revenue tickets and the price subsequently dropped? No, they'd be happy to rebook you at the lower price, but they'd expect you to pay a change fee.

Same principle here, and AA has been fairly up front (with giant warning notices during the booking process) that web specials can't be changed once ticketed.