FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alitalia (Short haul) on board struggles
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:19 am
Xandrios
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Sounds like I stepped on somebodies toes here. Trust me my friend, I'm not making this up You may want to tone down your accusations a bit; we are all here to share experiences and learn from others. I have nothing to gain with lying about a carrier that I hardly ever fly..

Tomato juice is available with every main carrier in Europe, and generally even in Economy. The skyteam partners do; for example Air France even serves it with special sellery salt. But also smaller carriers like Aegean do have it available (served with salt&pepper). While I agree that on the ground tomato juice is not a common drink, in the air it is. There's even a scientific reason for that According to that articale beer-drinking nation of Germany drinks about the same amount of tomato-juice as beer on its Lufthansa flights.

In fact; I am pretty sure that Alitalia did have this available last time I flew them in business..about half year ago. Maybe somebody else can confirm that.

The salad may have contained some purple radicchio, but it definitely was based on iceberg or something similar. A kind of lettuce that requires a strong type of salad dressing to be enjoyable. In my opinion at least.

Last edited by Xandrios; Nov 11, 2019 at 11:37 am