FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arne now outright lying: says Bonvoy preferred 8:1 over SPG/MR
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:48 pm
MePlatPremier

Originally Posted by Antarius
No one gets offended by the topic. As a former spg-er, I agree that SPG was a better program, just like Hyatt has a better one now. I also accept that it is what it is, and there are also advantages as a result of the merger.

It’s not actually true that was such a terrific program as it usually claimed over here. At least not in my perspective. It did have a bunch of great properties, but those still remain in Bonvoy’s portfolio.

But SPG also did have tremendous service failures: the issues with SNAs and Your24 did not start with Bonvoy but carried over from SPG; I had several emails and queries to CS go unanswered over the years; stays constantly posted incorrectly and I had to email research to get it corrected; I had way too many BRG claims take more than 5 days to be processed; properties often didn’t abide by the program rules and SPG stood by them. Just browse the old SPG forum on FT and see the number of complaints and issues reported over the years.

SPG was the only hotel loyalty program I have ever been a member of — mostly because of 2 or 3 properties where I am a regular and get an excellent reception —, but over the 15 years I was with SPG I had plenty of minor headaches and issues with them to know better than claim it was a perfect program where everything worked smoothly and nothing went wrong.